What Is Sugar Body Scrub?
Sugar Body Polish or a Sugar Body Scrub is a gentler and hydrating alternative to typical salt scrubs. The elements of a Sugar Body Scrub are comprised of Sugar crystals combined with aromatic and uplifting essential oils like Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil, Sunflower seed oil, Rose Extracts, and Shea butter.
The Sugar Body Scrub removes the outmost layer of dead skin cells without causing redness or pain. A sugar scrub is an especially good choice if your skin is sensitive and if you’ve had a bad experience with Salt scrubs because they tend to make your skin scratchy and uncomfortable.
Sugar Body Scrub vs. Salt Scrub
Sugar Body Scrub is a newer and better version of the salt scrub. The salt scrub treatment is an effective option but requires aggressive scrubbing. The theory is the harder the scrub, the softer your skin, but many people may find the treatment to be mildly painful. So you choose for yourself.
How to use a Sugar Body Polish at home?
Scoop out a handful of Sugar Body Scrub, rub it between your palms, then scrub in circles onto damp skin until you feel smoother. Rinse well. This award-winning product is a sparkling combination of real sugar crystals, Almond Oil, Shea butter, and Walnut shell. Now that your skin pores are open, you are ready to step into the shower.
Now let’s make our own!
All you need are a few simple ingredients. And you probably already have them in your kitchen.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup solid (but soft) coconut oil
- Extra additions (vanilla extract, essential oils, etc.)
- Whip together the sugar, oil, and any extra additions until the mixture looks creamy and resembles loose cookie dough.
- You may use a food processor, but don't let it process too long or the coconut oil will melt and the mixture will separate. If this happens, just put it in the freezer for a few minutes to solidify and mix again.
- Store in an airtight container. Lasts for weeks. Maybe months. If it's stored in the shower, you may have the same problem with separation as the coconut oil warms. Just stir it around with your finger before using.